Motor Hoe

Home Forums General Help and information Motor Hoe

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

I have had a look in the galleries section of the website and found these images showing a Mayfield hoe and mow. Very similar but drive casing seems to be more upright on hoe and mow, it also has a triangular frame down to the wheels, I still think the handlebars are Merry Tiller.

Attachments:
    andyfrost
    Participant

Chalie , I think we’re talking about the second image , which appears to me to be the Mayfield hoe and mow.

Andy.

charlie
    Keymaster

I have put the two images together in the pdf document attached below. The mystery machine seems to have the wheel further forward and mounted differently ie on solid plates.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,
    I’ve been back this morning and had a closer look at it,its definitely a home made machine, on the L/H side of the chain case you can see the hacksaw marks where the stub axle has been cut off. Also the base of the handlebars has been cut to take the gearbox. It looks as though someone has spent some time making it. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions and have passed them on to its owner. Ian.

andyfrost
    Participant

Charlie , I’m confusing the issue , the machine I’m referring to is the pic Benjamin put up , which is the Hoe and Mow , it’s been on that auction site for some time. The topic machine is quite obviously a homemade affair.

Andy.

jtg1
    Participant

not convinced the coleby is a bitsa, early models were shown using a forward mounting push hoe,

vhgmcbuddy

Looked at the Coleby today and it doesn’t appear to have been modified as you say. The engine is seized, carb has a bit missing and the handlebars are broken.

andyfrost
    Participant

If you are taking the Coleby on I have some 25A spares for the engine.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for that Andy, the guy it belongs to is in his 80’s and I go and help him moving them. He’s on with it, if he needs anything I’ll let you know,

Thanks Ian.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.