merrytiller clinton

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion merrytiller clinton

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    moggyjim
    Participant

Can someone tell me what size the yellow clinton engine is and are points and coils readily available. i have picked up another merrytiller to restore and use should i fit a briggs which i know runs a treat.

hillsider
    Participant

http://www.clintonengines.us/Home.html

Take a look around this site I found it very useful for info on a Clinton engine.

We also found many parts are still available directly from the US via ebay suppliers but do be aware of postage and import duties.

charlie
    Keymaster

That is a very useful link, loads of information.
    There is a Clinton Service and Maintenance Manual (revised 1978) in the VHGMC archive which contains service data and parts lists for 400 series engines. It is about 160 pages in total.

will-haggle
    Participant

MT Professional used the 900 Longlife cast iron engine. Capacity is 8.3 Cu in. = 136cc 3.25 hp @ 3600 rpm
    They work well being a bit heavier than the B&S engine, they seem to rev more freely and start better.

will-haggle
    Participant

There may be a blockage in the carb. there’s a small drilling that you have a job to even see. If it’s not cleaned out it won’t start. Here’s some help…
    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/clintongasfr/how-to-properly-rebuild-a-walbro-t266.html

moggyjim
    Participant

my id number starts with a P so i know it is a professional model is it just the engine that sets them apart or do i have a better chain case etc..

will-haggle
    Participant

Adjustable handles and they came with a set of slashers instead of the basic rotors. They had a cast hitch before the Major was fitted with it, this hitch was usually red. It says in the brochure that the frame was strengthened. I think they just mean the angle iron.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.