Merry Tiller model AC 340

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Merry Tiller model AC 340

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

I am repairing a Merry Tiller for someone, engine is now running but I need a new drive belt and clutch cable.
    The model number looks like AC340 and serial number is 324 04838 so it is a 324 series machine, but which model?
    Will post photos Monday when I can take some in daylight.

charlie
    Keymaster

Photos of Merry Tiller as promised.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie, if its a 324 series the model is a cadet according to a parts book I have, I can give you the part numbers you need if that’s any help.

will-haggle
    Participant

There’s a list of spares on this website, I have dealt with him and can recommend him…

http://merrytiller.co.uk/spares1.htm

I’ve got a carb. assy. for that type going spare if you need it….

charlie
    Keymaster

Thanks for confirming model. Part numbers would be a great help.

charlie
    Keymaster

A search through my literature has turned up a parts manual for later Cadet s/n 08507 onwards.
    What I need is an earlier parts manual as my machine is s/n 04838. Part number s for clutch cable and belt.
    I now know the single wheel on the front is original and raises another question. How is it supposed to lock in up and down positions? I am sure the length of baler twine currently locking the wheel in place is not original.

vhgmcbuddy

The belt number is E.C 0093A
    Cable is E.C. 0088A
    But there is no reference to machine s/n’s.

moggyjim
    Participant

That auction site item 130565929342 i think is what your after if you have a 2inch pully on the engine

sidevalve44
    Participant

Looks pretty similar to my Wizard, in which case the belt should be available on that well known on-line auction site, which is where I bought one for my machine.
    Would love to know how that jockey wheel is held up too. Mine is missing.
    Briggsbits is a good site for engine spares.

vhgmcbuddy

Here is a picture of the parts list with jockey wheel but it is not clear how it works.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

A little experimenting, with the baler twine removed, and it is now clear how the wheel locks in up or down positions. To lock it up pin 41 in diagram above locks in the two cutouts in front of the chassis legs. To lock it down, the slot (just visible in diagram) at back of wheel bracket 21 locks over join of the two halves of chain case. Simple and it seems to work.

sidevalve44
    Participant

Interesting. I’ll have to look out for one of those. Mine has some homemade contraption (see picture) that slides over the depth gauge. It works well but, makes it a little front heavy when moving it around !

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

A couple of photos of wheel in up and down positions.

Attachments:
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.