MERL Museun of English Rural Life Reopens

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion MERL Museun of English Rural Life Reopens

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

Last night I attended the official reopening of MERL at REading University. I can honestly say the new displays and layout are a great improvement, much more to see. The old museum had an upper floor with additional exhibits in storage which was not open to the public, this has been revamped and is now open for all visitors to view. Amongst the exhibits are a number of items relevant to our hobby. More details about the museum will be in The Cultivator magazine.
    I would recommend the museum to anyone with an interest in all things to do with agriculture and the countryside.see MERL website for more information.

alan
    Participant

I was looking at the MERL site a few weeks ago and thought I should perhaps pay a visit. Having searched online archives I know that some of the documents and literature relating to tractors I have are held there so need to contact them at some point.

Look forward to reading about it in The Cultivator.

charlie
    Keymaster

Alan, the amount of literature and other records held in the archive is amazing. Looking at some of the Geo Monro items they hold I have been able to identify the SIMAR I have as a model 11. Well worth contacting them and arranging a visit to the reading room.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.