Mayfield garden tractor

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects Mayfield garden tractor

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    crankshaft
    Participant

Have just rescued a Mayfield garden tractor from the scrapman and would like to restore to a working condition. It is fitted with a Villiers Mk15 HS engine, does anyone have anyone have a maintenance/instruction manual for the engine and also the Mayfield.
    Any help would be appreciated.

wristpin
    Participant

Not sure about the HS suffix but here is a scan of a Mk15 manual
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2wwwngqeji7m1wy/Villiers%20Mk%20150001.pdf?dl=0

crankshaft
    Participant

Many thanks, the HS suffix is mentioned in the technical spec and denotes 3hp instead of 2.5hp.

charlie
    Keymaster

HS stands for High Speed, usually has a larger sump.

crankshaft
    Participant

Have had to machine exhaust port and drill and redrill and and tap stud holes. Are the threads on this engine UNF or BSF?

Attachments:
    wristpin
    Participant

None of my engine literature makes any reference to the threads used but perhaps the spanner sizes needed for any nuts or bolts will give a clue. If they require AF spanners, measured Across the Flats, I would suggest that the treads will be UNF and UNC. If on the other hand, they need BSW/BSF spanners where the size relates to the diameter of the threaded component, the thread forms are likely to be BSF and Whitworth. Alternatively, you could check any other threaded components with thread gauges – respectively cheap and always useful.

crankshaft
    Participant

Thanks wristpin, I thought I would ask first before I bought some thread gauges.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.