Martin Markham Colt – location of chassis number

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Martin Markham Colt – location of chassis number

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    johne
    Participant

Does anyone of experience or knowledge of the exact location for the chassis number on a Martin Markham Colt tractor? I would like it for registration and insurance purposes.

I have been told that it is front near side. A bit of a vague search area and I have not found anything obvious in terms of stamping/marking on the chassis forward of the steering wheel. Assuming the said nearside is the same as with a UK car. It is possible it is hidden either under another body part or under layers of paint, both of which I am reluctant to remove without sound reason at this stage.

charlie
    Keymaster

Forum member garycolt should know the answer.

chap
    Participant

Yes its on the front os well it was on mine.see the picture it was the orginal plate well thats on the colt standard anyway.

Attachments:
    johne
    Participant

Many thanks for info. It would appear that any label that was there has long since disappeared.
    The previous owner told me the chassis number was 136 and date of manufacture was 1965. Without the evidence, is that plausible do you think?

johne
    Participant

Thanks to all the help I got, I have now found my chassis identification hidden under layers of paint. For reference front nearside, 3” in from end plate, top of U channel, stamped numerals. Photo attached.
    And it turned out to be the chassis number corresponding to that passed down through previous owners on the back of an old envelope which also records the year of the tractors original sale.
    Finding the number on the chassis has authenticated the documented record and I can now claim to have a Colt tractor number 136 dating to 1965. What a happy bunny or is it ‘old anorak’?

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

That is great news and useful information for other Colt owners.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.