Malvern 2019 Vintage Show Photos

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Malvern 2019 Vintage Show Photos

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    alan
    Participant

A few photos from Malvern which I’ve been sent:

Cub Cadet 1572 Diesel:

Wheel Horse 704 – quite a few of these have turned up in the last couple of years:

Massey Ferguson 8 – a few of these sold recently have been imported from France:

Case 210:

Mountfield 11 in original condition inc. Goodyear tyres:

Unihorse:

Our Barford Atom with cylinder mower attachment:

Flymo with rare barrow attachment, amazingly in original box:

David Brown:

Yanmar – winner of the horticulture category:

Fantastic MF 1855:

trusty220
    Keymaster

Some very good photo’s, Alan. I don’t suppose you have any of the new club stand that Ivan and Sandra have put together? With noticeboards, a gazebo, flashing lights and bunting I should think it was quite eye-catching. A pity that I couldn’t be there to see it.

alan
    Participant

By all accounts the club stand was absolutely excellent and did really well. I’ve seen a few photos of the stand and indeed with gazebo, noticeboard and club flags made for a great stand with machines to look at, displays to read and reference books to peruse – and of course some knowledgeable members to talk to.

trusty220
    Keymaster

Does anyone else have a photo of the stand?

trusty220
    Keymaster

Sandra has sent me this picture of the new stand that she put together. Well done, Sandra!

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

And what a great show it turned out to be. The weather was warm all weekend and lots of people came to see the displays in the halls.

At least, I think they did because somebody kidnapped me from the stand on the Saturday and I’ve been bouncing around in the bottom of a dark bag for the last week. If I can just get to see out of the bag I will take a photo. Maybe someone will recognise the location and come and rescue me!

HELLLLP!!!

alan
    Participant

Ok little brown book. One step at a time, are you sure it was a kidnapping (or perhaps booknapping) and not a random break for freedom from the club stand that you made?

vhgmcbuddy

That was very shrewd of you, Alan. In a quiet moment when nobody was looking I decided to head off and try to find another home. I was offered a lift on a returning tractor, so I’m off on my travels to see the wide world (I’d always guessed there was more of it outside the lounge window).

Does anyone know the words to, “On the road again” by Willie Nelson?

Attachments:
    stevewoollas
    Participant

It’s very difficult to visualise what happened to the little brown book; Bookknapping is a good theory but I think possibly the Bookworm got it. Bookworm is cousin to Woodworm. You know, the little worm that eats Planet handles when you are not looking. There was a lot of munching going on at the Club stand and it wasn’t all pork pie, although someone close to the book had a large bag of PP.
    Some munching was loud and crisp and I am told typical of a Bookworm munching through a hard back book — what a terrible way to go !!
    Unless the Fenland Ladies were involved ?

vhgmcbuddy

So that’s what the crumbs were in the bottom of the bag. And there’s me thinking they were something horrible and all they were was crumbs off the porky pie. With all these crumbs it’s been difficult to climb up to see out again, but I managed it this morning to be greeted with a wide panoramic view of somewhere. It’s flat enough to be The Fens, but somehow I don’t think it is.

Attachments:
    hortiman
    Participant

It is good to see the David Brown 2D industrial at the show, that one is literally a ‘one off’ and was owned and rallied by the late Bill Speake from Abergavenny, Bill was also a member of the VHGMC. He is much missed on the Rally circuit.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.