Landmaster L140

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello,

First post here and I hope someone is able to help or at least point me in the right direction. I’ve managed to acquire an old briggs and stratton powered rotovator. I’ve sort of worked out that it is a Landmaster L140, but it is missing a drive belt. Engine runs well and sounds as sweet as a nut, but it’s rather useless without the belt. Is there a particular belt size or does anyone know what part number it is?

Also – there is a second spinning rod with a key on it just behind the front drive wheel – is there something designed to fit on here? I’ll try uploading a photo or two to give some idea of what I’m on about. I’m assuming there was originally some sort of cowling on the left hand side of the machine.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

A quick google search turned up a copy of the manual

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Charlie,

Yes, I managed to get that yesterday, on re-reading it I see that the drive belt part No is A2765, so hopefully I’ll be able to get one sorted. Thanks for your help 🙂

stuart
    Participant

A Landmaster L140 should have a 4hp Briggs engine.Yours has been refitted with a smaller 3hp Briggs engine and the shaft you are referring too is for a reverse drive.It is the end of the camshaft and would normally have a small pulley on it.

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you Stuart,

That makes more sense now, given that my engine doesn’t marry up to the manual.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.