Land master ride on

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Land master ride on

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all I’ve got a landmaster ride on, I’m not sure what it’s value is and can’t find any information about on the internet (unless I’m not looking hard enough) I’ve found pictures but nothing to give me date of manufacture. Was wondering the age of the machine and if it is collectible. Pictures to follow. Thanks

vhgmcbuddy

This is it

Attachments:
    stuart
    Participant

If the engine is a Briggs and Stratton and its the original one then the first two numbers of the CODE number stamped on the cowling will give you the engines year of manufacture.Generally speaking the machine will also date to the same year (or the following year).

vhgmcbuddy

The code on the engine starts with 66 so I’m guessing that means 1966 had a tinker today and got it running 👍🏼 Are these rare at all? I can’t seem to find anything on internet about them.

trusty220
    Keymaster

To me that looks like a Huffey. They were made in the U.S. and many other manufacturers bought them to put their own badges on. Alan Newbould has done quite a bit of research on the brand and he may be able to shed some more light on it.

stuart
    Participant

Yes 1966.

charlie
    Keymaster

Value is very subjective, especially as we collect items for their interest not monetary value.

alan
    Participant

It is indeed a Landmaster.

There is a VHGMC article from last year that gives an idea of the small ride-on market in the UK in the 1960s and 70’s. It is easy to get some of the machines confused especially once the stickers or some of the tinwork has been removed as the workings can look very similar – and in some cases are from the same parts bin.

Article about small-ride-ons is here: https://vhgmc.co.uk/2016/06/mini-ride-on-mowers/

And there are some Landmaster ride-on pictures in the gallery: https://vhgmc.co.uk/photo-galleries/landmaster/

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.