kohler 12hp help

Home Forums General Help and information kohler 12hp help

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    moggyjim
    Participant

hope someone can help me .I have started work on my jacobsen tractor i can start it with a rope. but it should have a dyna start but it only has 2 ternimals like a dynamo. When i turn it on the amp meter moves indicating the coil is live but turning to start position does nothing WHERE do i start ALL help would be apreciated.

Attachments:
    alan
    Participant

From the photos the setup looks the same as on my Cub Cadet although that has a 10hp Kohler. My dynastart only has two terminals too, as far as I recall each has a single wire going to the regulator but one of them also has the live going to it from the ignition switch. So two terminals but three wires in total. From your photos it looks like the wires are connected including the live wire.

I’ve just had an issue with a tractor and it was the key switch that was no longer making a contact inside.

moggyjim
    Participant

thanks for the help will order a switch in the morning a process of elimination i suppose.

vhgmcbuddy

This guy has written an article about fault finding on a dynamo: https://www.anglo-agriparts.com/fault-finding-dynamo it might be useful

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.