Jacobson Chief 800, any information much appreciated

Home Forums General Help and information Jacobson Chief 800, any information much appreciated

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all,

I’ve recently been able to get my hands on a Jacobsen Chief 800 in good condition. I initially thought it was a wheel horse when I purchased it of ebay as it wasn’t advertised with the brand. I’m quite curious to the rarity of these tractors and how many are in the UK. I don’t intend to sell this tractor at all as I intend to keep it as long as I can house it, but what value do you think its worth? One last thing, does anybody have any idea how this tractor ended up in the UK? It has German and English wrting on the fuel tank but that’s all I have on it, there appears to be a lot more Wheelhorses around than Jacobsen Chiefs. This makes me think someone in the know must have imported this, rather than purchase a common tractor in the 1960s?

Oliver

alan
    Participant

Well done on getting a Jacobsen Chief, they are well made machines and certainly (in my view) better than several other manufacturers of the time. Although not as popular as Wheelhorse the Chiefs did sell in some reasonable numbers in the UK.

Jacobsen Chief tractors were sold in the UK by Horwool, their main office and works was in Romford, Essex and the midland sales and service was at Acocks Green, Birmingham.

I have the UK brochure for these tractors detailing the specifications and all the available attachments. I’ll attach it as a PDF.

Price is always a tricky question to answer as it’s always down to what someone is willing to pay, but in this case I’d say it’s worth exactly what you paid else someone else would have bid more.

alan
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.