is there a problem with this site?

Home Forums General Help and information is there a problem with this site?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Just wondering, I put a post on last night, and now can not find it! also seems to be very few “recent Posts?” I also keep being reminded that the site is not secure when I log in, Any ideas? plonker

charlie
    Keymaster

Not aware of any problems. There is no record of any topic started by you recently as far as I can see.

charlie
    Keymaster

Lack of activity is I think largely due to more people using other sites and social media such as facebook unfortunately this is happening to other forums as well.

alan
    Participant

Thanks for the question, Plonker.

As the internet has grown it’s now easier for people to find answers to their machinery questions on many different websites, social media or numerous sources. This means that people no longer have to actually post a question to find their answer. On a positive the throughput of people searching the website, looking at the gallery and articles is quite impressive, so although we don’t see people they are there.

The club website also holds the database from the old forum and that is incredibly heavily searched on a daily basis. With members having posted such a huge amount of information over the years then the VHGMC online presence has been a staggeringly positive one.

jwilkes
    Participant

I think Alan has a good point. I like to review updates occasionally and share some information when I have data that I could not find on an internet search. Perhaps at some time in the future all of the questions will have already been asked. The forum data as an online archive is valuable in itself.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.