Howard rotavator difference

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard rotavator difference

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Please can someone tell me how I can tell if I have a howard bantam a 220. The model I have has handles that can be offset, so I believe it must be one or the other. It has been retrofitted with a Briggs and Stratton 3HP model 80202. Would also appreciate any info on where I can buy a new or refurbished carburetor for this engine.

andyfrost
    Participant

The rotors on a 220 are centre driven , and side driven on the Bantam , both share almost identical handle bar systems.

Andy.

charlie
    Keymaster

Does it need a complete carburettor? Parts to service and overhaul the old carb may be available at Briggs and Stratton Parts or Briggsbits Another possible source is Meetens
    If you need a parts list try Briggs and Stratton website

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Andy, thanks for your reply re centre driven or side driven rotors, but as I know nothing about motivators and have just inherited this vintage howard, could you explain a little further please. Many thanks and regards, James

charlie
    Keymaster

From photo gallery pages of this website, Howard Bantam with drive shaft along side clearly visible and a Bullfinch which has centre drive to rotors, couldn’t find photo of 220.

andyfrost
    Participant

James , best to follow Charlies links , a picture would probably explain matters clearer, or even better post us a pic of your machine.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Andy, did what you suggested and it is obvious I have a howard bantam. Many thanks to you and Charlie for your help. Best regards, James

andyfrost
    Participant

Another result then , Bantams are great little machines IMO , I have two , and they get used very regularly.

Andy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.