howard orange colour?

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines howard orange colour?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello
    I’m sure it is on a thread somewhere but what is the name of the Howard orange or nearest available
    many thanks
    colin

darmic1
    Participant

BS592 is the colour code……

vhgmcbuddy

Hi, as Darren said Howard rotavator Orange is a British standard colour. I always use Vapormatic Howard orange.

sidevalve44
    Participant

Agriline sell Howard Orange paint. I bought a litre a couple of years ago, it cost about £18.00 then.

vhgmcbuddy

thanks everyone for the help, really useful

vhgmcbuddy

Whatt would be the best finish to have as there is 4 differant ones to choose from , gloss, semi gloss , satin or matt ??

sidevalve44
    Participant

I think it’s down to personal choice really and whether you are trying to be 100% original or not.

Personally, I would go for gloss or perhaps semi gloss. My own Howard 200 I painted in gloss and it is quite shiny.

vhgmcbuddy

As I said earlier I always use Vapormatic Howard Orange. I always spray it and I find it comes out nice and glossy, probably similar to when they were new. Over the years I’ve found though that satin finish can be better if there are flaws in your surface, I.e. It shows up less imperfections, but if bare metalling I would personally always go for gloss.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.