Howard cylinder mower attachment.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard cylinder mower attachment.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wristpin
    Participant

I’m no Howard expert but have seen a good few over the years but this morning saw one with a rear mounted cutting cylinder. I say rear mounted as I couldn’t see any way of reversing the handle bars, only the usual offsetting mechanism. I understand that it will be on a certain auction site soon so anyone who would like an unusual? attachment should keep their eyes peeled.

hortiman
    Participant

Hi there
    If it is a Howard Bantam then the mower unit bolts on in place of the rotor box, the mower actually sticks out in an offset position to one side. They cut very well, the only problem I found is that if the mower encountered a bump in the ground or some other obstruction, the machine was nearly wrenched out of your hands as it wanted to swerve to the right violently.

They are not very plentiful now and the grassboxes are even more rare.

hortiman
    Participant

Further to last posting, I have just been to the new gallery and found 4 photos of Bantam lawnmower attachments.
    Well done Alan, the gallery is going to be most useful, particularly to new recruits.
    Chris

wristpin
    Participant

Interesting about the mower being offset , that makes sense. However, I’m fairly certain that this one was directly behind the Bantam, hence my original comment. It’s not too far from home so I’ll try to get another look at it. It is scheduled to appear on fleabay but the owner relies on his granddaughter to arrange such things so maybe not for a while !

vhgmcbuddy

There is two differnt types for the bantam in the back of my one shed, I’ve only got one rotten grass box though. I’ve also got the cylinder mower for the bullfinch but this goes out in front.

ted20
    Participant

I have an off set cylinder mower complete with as new grass box even more interesting I am collecting allen scythe with cylinder mower attachment next week dave

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.