Howard Bantam wheel modifications???

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines Howard Bantam wheel modifications???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bish
    Participant

I’ve recently purchased a job lot of Howard Bantam spares and accessories ( I wanted the mower attachments that were in this lot). With the job lot came three rolling chassis on inspection the one chassis has what I class as the normal wheels and the other chassis has wheels with a solid section the pictures should show what I mean. What I was wondering are these wheels genuine Howard items or a homemade item? Does anyone know the purpose behind this style of wheel.

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Could the solid centre component allow better weight support / distribution when using equipment on soft ground e.g. Ruts formed by wheel tyres aren’t so deep in soft ground?

Keith

vhgmcbuddy

I’ve come up against them on numerous occasions so I would say that they aren’t home made. But going through all my manuals I’ve not yet found any reference to them.

stuart
    Participant

According to my service bulletins the very first Bantams used a Villiers MK25C 2 stroke engine and “drum” type wheel centre.You have an early model there !

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.