Howard 700 help and advice.

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Howard 700 help and advice.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello gents and ladies, looking to pick your collective brains, have a collection of howard 700s well 3 actually, two to restore and 1 as spare. I have put up some picks to help, any idea how I find out year of manufacture. 2 have cast ends on control levers 1 has threaded ends to attach knobs as in picture. I also have some attacments. Some are displayed in the manual ie plough, cultivator, rotorvator boxes ect. But others are not. I have read that third parties made attacments also. Can anyone confirm this or have they just been fabricated as one offs. These would be saw bench, and dozer blade. Also have item that I need identifing that is the item on the work bench after the wheel spacers.and the pto. Thanks hope someone has seen these in action. Also have cutting bar that fits as per yeoman not as front fitting as per manual. Have reverable plough couldn’t get picture of it as it’s covered in area that cockral roams didn’t feel up to a fight. How’s the best way to treat heavy pitting on the shears, would welding and grinding back be best option. Thank in advance for any help.

Attachments:
    moggyjim
    Participant

All your attachments look stock items accept the saw bench. lucky you with all those bits and bobs. let me know if you have a spare clutch cable as i am down to a couple of strands on mine.

irc
    Participant

Good afternoon,

The Howard Clifford 700 also had a trailer attachment 15cwt.Capacity, a bucket attachment, Road Wheels,(10+mph) I used one in the 60s for landscaping new build gardens and it was fitted with pick tines for bricks left in customers garden.
    It was and is the best machine of its kind. I used it with dozer blade, bucket and rotovator all piled into trailer to go from building site to building site in Ayrshire and around Glasgow.

I have a 700 under renovation with hatz diesel engine and would appreciate advice on start procedures.as mine both were petrol engines.

I have manuals, sales brochures, and operational procedures which I can copy if required.

Best regards
    Ian.

irc
    Participant

Hi, I’ve just noticed your rotovator has the pick tines attached, do you have any spare to sell?
    One would do for me to get dimensions from.

Best ‘regards
    Ian.

vhgmcbuddy

Sorry have sold that unit as it was something that came with the job lot but I was unlikely to use.and I have more than enough to be getting on with.

irc
    Participant

I am also looking for bucket attachment plus D.P. hitch for trailer and pick tines for rotovator.

Any help in locating above items appreciated.

Ian.

irc
    Participant

Do you have any wheel extensions (for ploughing) for 700 for sale, regards Ian.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.