Help/advice required to start my mg crawlers

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Help/advice required to start my mg crawlers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mollie1
    Participant

I have an mg 5 and 6 which I am trying to get running neither has run for a couple of years. Both now have clean fresh fuel reaching the carb but neither has a spark. Both were running fine before I parked them up. Any advise or suggestions as to why and how to resolve please.

vhgmcbuddy

Have you cleaned the points in the mag?

mollie1
    Participant

Tried points this evening still no spark. I’m going to try a new HTC lead tomorrow

ransomes256
    Participant

The chances are that both condensers have failed. Very unlikely anything to do with the HT lead. Trust the tractors were stored in a relatively dry place or damp in the magneto may be causing a short in the LT side.

mollie1
    Participant

Managed to get the mg 5 started with help from some fellow members at Weeley working weekend. It turned out to be a poor connection ht lead to plug cap. Also has an issue with the carb it has a replacement plastic float which leaks on the joint, sinks and causes major fuel loss. Anyone know any hard plastic glue that is petrol resistant

wristpin
    Participant

You may be able to seal the float by the careful application of a soldering iron to melt the plastic into the gap.

vhgmcbuddy

Try Araldite. Sets nice and hard and is petrol resistant.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.