Help needed to Identify

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Help needed to Identify

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi all.
    My names Dan and i`m the Grandson of David Smith.
    I believe Grandad was one of the founding members of the club and its great to see what the club has grown into now.
    Me and my siblings used to really enjoy helping with Grandads machines and attending the shows, its massive in our childhood memories.
    I recently have had to move some of his old machines from one barn to my own storage and we`re going to keep some machines and sell/scrap the others.
    I`ll try to upload pictures on to here so you all can see what i have come across and any advice and information you have on these would be really helpful.
    I currently own a Barford Atom with a plough fitted and my sister also owns a small wheeled version and she has a trailer for it.
    We intend to attend the Rempstone show next year with them and now bring our own children to the events!
    Im really found of one of these machines that ive found, its an Air cooled Villiers engine with a cooling fan mounted on the side, it has wooden handles and a sign across the top. i think it will do up to be a nice machine.

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Dan, welcome to the forum, I remember Dave well, yes he was one of the founding members of this club, member number 1. I visited Dave and Brenda on numerous occasions. The machine with the Villiers engine and sign is an Auto Culto if I remember correctly this one was a works demo machine, I am sure one of the other founding members will confirm this. If you want to sell any of the surplus items you can always put an advert in the club magazine The Cultivator. I am sure I have a photo of your sister with the Barford and trailer at the club weekend held at Woodborough.

jim-beacon
    Participant

Image 14.jpg is an Allen and Simmonds (Auto Culto) Midgiculto, from the 1960’s – it should have a Villiers lightweight engine.
    10.jpg and 11.jpg look to be an Auto Culto Model A – introduced in 1926, and made until the mid 30’s

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.