HELP , Ive just purchassed a Howard 700

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Pedestrian operated machines HELP , Ive just purchassed a Howard 700

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    hortiman
    Participant

I forgot to say, I have a copy of the manual, if you would like it, PM me.
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks for the constant replys everyone . all the info is a great help , i have got both mauals and ive been speaking to the mower centre and hes on the case lookin for various bits for me.

hortiman
    Participant

Very best of luck with your project, I am sure Jon Cruse will help you if he can.
    Chris

vhgmcbuddy

Ho one and all , i hope you all hade a great christmas and new year. Now back to reality i thought it was time i started to try and get some more answers to which may be an endless amount of questions in the coming months from you wonderfull people.
    So my fist question of the new year is that my engine cowling is in a poor state due to being eaten away from rust and being used as a battering ram. Is there anywhere i can source a replacement or can it be fixed ?

andyfrost
    Participant

Whereabouts in the country are you??.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Im in Bedford andy

andyfrost
    Participant

I’ll have a look today , I have one on a donor machine , but until I take a closer look I’m not sure what nick it’s in.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

That would be awsome andy , thanyou very much.

andyfrost
    Participant

Barry , I’ve had a look , there are minor dents , but it appears basically sound , it’s yours for free , if you’re prepared to collect from Norfolk , sorry , but I do not post fragile items , particularly those that can’t easily be replaced.

It’s not unusual for these to be badly dented , as many never had the protective bumper fitted.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks andy thats awsome of you , ill speak to the boss and see if she fancies a drive out in the near future . I would have paid postage but as you dont post thats fine m8. Plus if i come by car theres no telling what ill come home with haha , just joking. Speak soon m8.

andyfrost
    Participant

You’re welcome

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

Could anyone tell me if there is a way to get hold of the original plans or drawings of the 700 , the reason i ask is if i had drawings and dimentions i could get spare pieces made if i needed them . I have looked online for them with no results , but maybee im looking in the wrong place.

andyfrost
    Participant

Highly unlikely I would have said , like many machines that we play around with , we have to rely on secondhand donor parts.

Andy.

vhgmcbuddy

I take it that some of you have looked at my 700 working plouing on Yoytube and maybe the old posting of the clutch modification I would recomend.
    I am now looking for a pair of 19″ wheels and howard wheel spacers to fit a plough to another 700 also looking for a single furrow plow.

Thanks Jack Myosotis

Attachments:
    vhgmcbuddy

Just an update on the rebuild , its going very slowly im afraid. But now i should be getting some replacement and repaired parts from the mower man shortly. So with a bit of luck things might start to happen. Its been a very very difficult project as parts are as rare a the dinosaurs , now i do have a question for you guys which i hope you can help me with.
    The old pipe from the carb to the air cleaner is junk now , so what type of pipe could i get away with using as the pipe thats on it is some armoured type of pipe with metal coil in it. Could i get away with using the type of hose used in car engines etc ? you can tell im not machanically minded at all haha.many thanks.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 70 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.