Gutbrod PTO Driven Trailer

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Gutbrod PTO Driven Trailer

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Anyone seen one of these or even have one?

vhgmcbuddy

Well I did intend to upload a photo via the attachment/choose file button, but after choosing the file is there a button to actually upload it as I can not see one?

Edit it seems to have uploaded itself now!

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

That is a very interesting trailer, I wonder what it was like to use on rough terrain? I know when they tried a powered trailer behind the Land Rover 101 there were issues with the trailer trying to push the Land Rover in the wrong direction.

will-haggle
    Participant

That’s an excellent piece of kit. Well up to Gutbrod’s engineering standards…. 🙂
    I got a smiley! Jus use a : and a ), let’s try a bigger one :))

vhgmcbuddy

I thought it was excellent too, that’s why I bought it!

I will let you know what its like to use once I change the tyres to match the tractor

stevewoollas
    Participant

Have seen a design similar to this but on a larger scale. Ideal for use on muddy ground and worked well in a straight line but the trailer tended to push the tractor in a straight line when trying to turn a corner. Problem was resolved by using an all wheel steer tractor. In the instance I quote the outfit was home produced for light plant use. It now stands in a shed unused.

charlie
    Keymaster

That is the same problem Land Rover had with the 101 and Rubery Owen powered trailer.

Attachments:
    joegrgraham
    Participant

Porsche Alligaier also did a powered trailer, the tractor had two PTO’s, the standard 540rpm one and then a different size one to power the trailer.
    There was a restored one in T & M a year or so ago.

charlie
    Keymaster

Found this clip of what looks like a powered trailer in use.
    powered trailer

vhgmcbuddy

Charlie

I have seen the BCS one and it is still available today I think. Once again it makes the tractor difficult to steer. You sort of see that in the clip. The solution is 4 wheel steer but it does make it more complicated and more expensive . The best you can say is it is a compromise. Maybe someone will have a cheaper solution. What about our friend in Belgium he seems to have a real engineering talent.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.