Great Dorset Steam Fair 2017

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Great Dorset Steam Fair 2017

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    charlie
    Keymaster

With just over 4 weeks to go it would be good to have some idea of club members that will be exhibiting. I will be there with 6m x 4m marquee for club stand.
    When are members exhibiting planning to arrive?
    Is anybody from Leicester/Loughborough area exhibiting?

vhgmcbuddy

hi charlie
    i would like to go please a have a static display of old machines and implements etc. also camping with my motorhome is it too late to get me in? how and where can i get tickets?
    pete
    get me through here or pm me

vhgmcbuddy

hi charlie
    have got camping and tickets booked now just wondering how much space you have in and around the tent so i know what if anything i can bring with me
    pete

charlie
    Keymaster

Pete, spectator camping is a good distance from where the horticultural section is, usually near working tractors, (see map) so anything brought to display in the club stand would have to be light enough to carry easily. What do you have?

vhgmcbuddy

hi charlie
    lots! but i am on the disabled camping so a bit closer. i can bring what will fit on my 4 wheeled trolley together with a table to put it on so obviously no machines except maybe my ransomes lawn edger and a few tools etc.should be able to manage that and still have a reasonable display that won’t let the side down.
    pete

charlie
    Keymaster

There will not be room for another table in the marquee, I am taking my Ransomes lawn edger, so would not need another. There will be room for a couple of small tools on the tables we have.

vhgmcbuddy

all loaded for dorset steam fair on the way tomorrow looking fordward to meeting everyone

charlie
    Keymaster

Still waiting for my passes for club stand. Currently planning to arrive Tuesday all depends on what happens with passes. I was told they were posted on 15th August!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.