Gotbrod 1032 charging system.

Home Forums The Machinery Forums Ride-on machines Gotbrod 1032 charging system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Can anyone who is familier with the charging on a Gutbrod 1032 (or other machine with a dynastart system) talk me through how to check charging output with a multimeter.
    I’m looking for information a bit more in depth than checking the voltage at the battery please.
    I’d like to know what I should expect at the dynamo. Then working from there to readings on the terminals at the regulator and on from there and a simplified wiring diagram would be a great help.
    Many thanks in advance.

4x4forks
    Participant

I think from memory the unloaded voltage can vary widly as control it is dependent on load.
    When testing the battery voltage will go up as far as 13.5volt. this is rev dependent. The faster the more volts. What problems are you seeing?

vhgmcbuddy

I’ve been having a play with the Gutbrod again today.
    I’ve put a new charging light on it which now works. (It comes on with the ignition and goes out when running, but i only have battery voltage at the battery terminals when the engine is running)
    I removed the D wire from the dynamo and earthed the DF terminal and i’m getting around 18 volts out of the dynamo, which is all good.
    I then found a fuseable link in the regulator had blown which I’ve now rectified. but still no change in voltage when running (only around 11.5 volts)
    Is there anything i can do with the voltage regulator to bring it back to life?
    I’m pretty confident that its the regulator that’s at fault, or is it time to source a replacement?
    cheers
    Gary

vhgmcbuddy

If you cant get a replacement as original I had considered using something like this fitted inside the original.
    http://www.dynamoregulators.com/dvr2-s.php

John

vhgmcbuddy

That looks like a nice compact unit John.
    I’ve had a look inside my unit today. There is a fused link in there that had blown, so i thought i was onto a winner. It wasn’t to be though. It was still not charging.
    So I had another look and found one of the regulator contacts has burnt away.
    I’ll have a play with it and see if I can rework it.
    It’s no good as it is, so i’ll give that a try first and if that fails then i’ll look at that unit you’ve linked.
    thanks for that though.
    Cheers
    Gary

vhgmcbuddy

Well I’ve take the easy way out for the time being.
    I’ve slipped an alternator on which I had on a shelf. Everything is as it should be (well charging at least).
    It’s looking a bit lob sided but it will give me a chance to source a replacement voltage regulator.

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.