Ghosts

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

It’s well known that english people are fond of ghosts stories, haunted mannors and other strange castles!!
    I want to tell you the story of a ghost factory: it existed but it seems that no!
    In a small town in Devon, between 1940 and 1960 stood a factory that built and sold through England, Europe and World little onewheeled tractors named Gravely Model D. The name of the Factory was Gravely Overseas as a subsidiary of the Gravely Motor Plow and Cultivator Company sit in USA.
    I’ve tried to find news about this plant, I’ve found docs about the tractors in the MERL in Reading University, but about the factory, nothing. The town is Buckfastleigh in Devon. I met nice people there but no news: this is a Ghost Fazctory!! indeed!
    Excuse my bad english language as I’m a french
    AM

charlie
    Keymaster

The Gravely was shipped in kit form from the USA and assembled at Buckfastleigh by Gravely Overseas and had Wico magnetos and Zenith carburettors fitted. I am sure someone will be able to shed more light on the existence of the factory.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Charlie
    Thank you for your reply
    BUt i’m not sure that all the tractors were made with parts from USA. Some of them Yes but Gravely overseas made some typical models as the D Imperial or the Excel.
    Anyway somepne will give the answer!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.