Looking for advice about versatile ride on

Home Forums General Help and information Looking for advice about versatile ride on

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hello all,

I have subscribed to the 30 day free trial at the moment. I have been using / maintaining and restoring lawnmowers for a long time but never been a member of any club.

I am thinking of progressing onto a [relatively] vintage versatile ride on to maintain / use / research such as a compact tractor. Have some thoughts on what I like after looking at this website.

I wondered whether this was the right place for:
    Advice on what to look out for.
    Advice on restoration.
    Advice on obtaining spares / carrying out maintenance and repairs / restoration.
    Events in the Staffordshire area – are there any during the year?
    Members in the Staffordshire area – are there any willing to meet to give advice face to face?
    What is involved in using / showing such machinery?

If this is the correct place to get all my questions answered then I will not hesitate in signing up as a full member – but at the moment – I have no gear and no idea!

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andy Brown.

charlie
    Keymaster

Andy, welcome to the forum. Amongst the club members there is a wide knowledge base so you should be able to get most of the answers you are looking for. Paid up members have the advantage of been able to put requests for help in the club magazine which all club members will see, (not all club members use the website). The club also publish a list of suppliers and have a members directory. Membership year runs from 1st Jan, but if you join now membership will run till end of 2018. The club magazine will give you an idea of what people do at shows.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks Charlie.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.