flail mower

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I have a Link-Hampson 25″ flail mower this machine is fitted with a Robin EY-2B
    engine I believe it is more than 30 years old.I can’t find any information on these
    machines I managed to get a tyre a couple of years ago but they now seem scarce or very
    expensive can anybody cast some light on these machines or tyres (4.00″ x 7″ open tread)
    Regards Davey.

wristpin
    Participant

I have a Link-Hampson 25″ flail mower this machine is fitted with a Robin EY-2B
    engine I believe it is more than 30 years old

That would be about right, last time I saw them being sold new was in the early 80s. Something tells me that they may have been distributed by Saxon who also sold a Japanese made triple that is now sold under the Baroness brand name.

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Davey
    We have same machine recently found as French barn find!
    Tyres do seem to be like “hens teeth” we have one in good condition and one shredded, I am thinking of changing the wheels as we want it as a working machine.
    Not quite sure how or what we are going to do with it yet!

vhgmcbuddy

Hi Rambling Rabbit I had my flail mower going last week the new home made flails worked very well
    I have a poor tyre and may think of trying to modify the wheel hubs to take another size wheel.
    let me know how you are doing with yours, they are a great machine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.