Decals

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I want to show a pair of decals from the made in England Gravelys.
    One is written Totnes Devon
    other is Dart Mills Buckfastleigh Devon
    BOth are small towns from Devon as you surely know
    Totnes decal comes from an early 40s Gravely and Buckfastleigh from a 50s tractor
    Hope you enjoy it
    AM

Attachments:
    will-haggle
    Participant

Very interesting, I would guess they had an office in Totnes, and their main works was in Buckfastleigh or they moved!

A link to a post on Tractorbox….
    http://www.tractorbox.co.uk/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=6844

vhgmcbuddy

where are you from andre ?

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Nigel
    I’m from France and I’m a Gravely fanatic since I was born…. a long time ago

charlie
    Keymaster

Those decals have survived well, always nice to what they looked like.

vhgmcbuddy

just 35 miles across the pond from me then đŸ˜€

vhgmcbuddy

Nigel
    I’m sorry but I can’t understand what you mean: what pond?
    I live in the middeld south of France in a country named “Auvergne” whose capital is Clermont-Fd. Usually the Clermont rugby team plays with english teams as Leicester or Harlequins..
    I live 300 miles south of Paris: so you can have an idea
    André
    Would you excuse my english languaga which is not really “standard”!

vhgmcbuddy

hi andre yes a pond what i mean is the sea i live near dover port and it is 25 miles across the sea (pond) to calis

vhgmcbuddy

I felt that the “pond” was the sea or the Channel but I live so far from Calais (500 miles)
    anyway If you want to come you’re welcome

vhgmcbuddy

Thank you very much Alan for the post and the pics in it. This is the first time that I see an australian decals. My friends of the Gravely Tractor Club Of America will enjoy it, sure!

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Alan Rogers
    I read the post you’ve put in your answer and I’m very interested in your knowledge about Gravely Overseas in Devon. Another man ansewering in the post is “Rollo Man”: how can I join him as he said that he has got some books and brochures about model D? Thank you
    You said that parts, coming from USA, were assembled in Devon: are you sure? This can be true in a first time (WWII) but after I guess that the tractors were totally produced in Devon. What do you think about.
    In the “general talk” I’ve put a post about a “ghost factory” as nobody in Buckfastleigh remember the Gravely. Also I want your opinion about that!
    Anyway I want to thank you again for this post which showed me something new
    André
    ps excuse my “french” english

wristpin
    Participant

I am fairly sure that I can remember Gravely with a Devon address being advertised in the UK publication Country Life. That would have been in the late 1940s, early 50s. Country Life is still going, – wonder how good their records/archives are?

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Angus Shapland
    I discovered some fliers and booklet in the MERL: Museum of English Rural Life which is settled in the University of Reading. A very kind person, named Kristy gave me infos and sent all they had.For instance this

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Andre,
    If you would like these decals reproducing,.. it’s what I do..

I have a brother that lives in the En Artois region.. one day I shall have to visit there..

Titch

vhgmcbuddy

Hello Titch
    Thank you for the decals but presently I don’t need them as I have got only an american 1937 model D and a friend of mine, overthere, uses to do some.
    I live pretty far from Artois, but if you plan to go here you’re welcome. Il love to share with people
    AM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.