clifford MK. 1A

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

I now have added a Clifford cultivator to the collection, from what I can make out , It is the model 1A with the J.A.P. Mk. 5 engine and spring tynes, It even works, Which is a first for me! It seems a very simple and well made machine, and it is fitted with the Spade lug wheels that really chews up soft or wet ground, I know they had road bands to stop that damage, but the instruction manual makes no mention of Rubber tyred alternatives, that the later Cliffords had, does anyone know if rubber tyred wheels were available for this model? or has any one adapted other wheels for the job? Plonker

vhgmcbuddy

More information being gleaned for the Clifford, with the machine came a Ridger, which you can see has been modified to fit some other machine, also a Pump and a PTO, I can not see how either of these attachments would fit, the PTO does have the Clifford “Driving dog”, but it is too short to fit with the main driving shaft, the pump, has no projecting driving shaft at all, The pump is certainly Clifford as you can spot one in the literature on leaflets etc. any ideas? ALSO, very interesting, there is a CLifford Forum on Facebook, anyone know why?

Attachments:
    charlie
    Keymaster

Do you mean the Clifford cultivator register on facebook? If so I think that is run by Paul Coles he is a very keen Clifford collector.

vhgmcbuddy

That,s the one, There is some good information from leaflets etc, Just wondered why it,s not part of this club to reach a wider audience. Happy new Year to All. Plonker

mickattwo
    Participant

I recently got rid of a pair of wheel rims and main m/c casting as unrepareable I still have the rotovator box if you need one in very good condition this had a Villiers 25c 2 stroke engine

vhgmcbuddy

I have sent you a message, don’t know if you got it? Philip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.