BMB Cultmate

Home Forums The Main Forum Area Projects BMB Cultmate

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    bish
    Participant

I have just started the restoration of this BMB Cultmate with BSA engine. It runs beautifully usually on the first pull. So I’m hoping it’ll just be a case of a good clean and some paint. I’m hoping to have this finished for Tractorworld in February.

Attachments:
    franktonpaget
    Participant

You might like to use the attached view from the original BMB Cultmate brochure to display with your machine and also help identify some of the Cultmate implements which sometimes turn up in the Tractorworld auction
    Hope this assists
    regards Joe Paget

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Thank you Joe that is a brilliant piece of literature to go with my machine. I apologise if I’m mistaken but I purchased a Weeks dusting machine from a franktonpaget would you by any chance be the same gentleman?

moggyjim
    Participant

Love to see it at malvern as i am doing one up myself and i have no side panels. need a few measurments. I am tempted to make some roll up canvas side panels as everyone removes them to work as they run a bit hot???

bish
    Participant

You’re more than welcome to measure the side panels at Malvern. I’ve started clearing the rust off the panels and zinc primering them after clean up.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Managed to get a few more pieces primered last night.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

I also managed to dig out the tin of metal shield I’ll be using its the bottom shade of red I’ll be using.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Finished the strip down so everything can now be cleaned off and painted.

bish
    Participant

I’ve just started work on the engine because I know it runs brilliantly I’m not going down the full rebuild route just a service a good clean and some paint on the flywheel ,flywheel housing, cyclinder fins etc.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Cleaned and primed the wheel hubs and spade lug rims.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Tonight I managed to clean the gearbox section off and start priming it, and a few other items. I’ve also started applying the colours this is the green for the wheels.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Managed to get the chassis primer finished and painted some more parts green.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

Started to get the red on the chassis and all the framework for the handles. The nose cone had remnants of red paint inside so I’m going for red inside and silver outside.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

I’ve got the second coat of red on and painted more of the green items.

Attachments:
    bish
    Participant

I’d mentioned in another thread about the carburettor missing the tickler. Thanks to villiers parts for sending me the missing part here’s photos of the part fitted.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.