Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion avatar blues !!!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Well I have made the switch and what a huge difference. I freely admit that computers are a grey area with myself but one thing ,at the moment which is not as I would like it is cropping of my avatar. would some one in the know alter mine to fit the box allocated on this new site. please.

vhgmcbuddy

Hello John.
    I had a few attempts, Theirs two photos one of them has cropping facility’s. I think I cropped the larger photo to fit the smaller frame. Hope this helps, Nice to see you on hear John.

wristpin
    Participant

I had a problem in that my avatar that was crisp and in focus on the old site was fuzzy and squashed here. I assumed (wrongly) that my original image was too large and reduced the pixel count only to find that the avatar was then totally pixelated (spelling checker no help!!) so went the other way and tried importing it from the original sized image and using the sites cropping function – it worked!
    What relevance it has to your problem I’m not sure, but it may be worth experimenting with the size of the original image.

vhgmcbuddy

Sorry John. I just try to alter my avatar to make sure I told you right, uploaded another photo and this time their was no cropping facility.

vhgmcbuddy

Thanks to all will have a fiddle later on laptop

hillsider
    Participant

If it is of any help when I sorted my avatar I resized the original photo down to small email size in picture manager before uploading it. From there the cropping function on here seemed to deal with the image better and allowed me to get a better view although it still would not get the whole of the building into the frame.
    Have fun exploring,
    Ray.

Ps. the edit function does work I have just used it here.

wristpin
    Participant

Not had a problem with the edit function other than one only seems to get one crack at it, if one goes back for a second go the edit option seems to have disappeared!
    Correction! do now seem to be able to edit more than once!
    Reverting to the avatar question, perhaps admin can tell us the optimum image pixel size for submission.

vhgmcbuddy

thanks for all your hot tips and advise. the trouble with me and computers is that I only use them because I have to,and without them I could not persue this great hobby. I have taken the soft option over my poor knowledge of computers and downloaded another picture.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.