Anzani iron horse engine issue

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Anzani iron horse engine issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Hi, im hoping someone on here could help me with a bit of an issue, i have an iron horse which i have got going again, i have took the head off and cleaned it, took the carburettor apart and cleaned it and the and everything is good there, i have also put a new spark plug on as well, it starts and ticks over like a sowing machine but as soon as i put the throttle on it reves up but then cuts out like it starving of fuel or getting too much air but im not sure can anyone help thanks james

stuart
    Participant

Stick your hand over the back of the carb (to choke it) and see if it still does the same.If it keeps running you need to clean that carb (Zenith ???) more thoroughly.

vhgmcbuddy

Yeh i held the choke on for a while and it ran for a bit but did the same, i unscrewed the jets in the carb and you could see daylight and took the float out and cleaned the whole lot but i cant think what it could be where may i have missed in the carb that could be the issue?

charlie
    Keymaster

Could be an air leak. If gasket between carb and engine is good then it may be a worn throttle spindle allowing air in.

trusty220
    Keymaster

The jet that you need to clean is the one at the bottom of the float chamber. You access it via a brass plug on the outside of the carb, below the inlet banjo connection. It will be recessed a long way in and probably seized as well, so be very careful. That is the main jet which handles 90% of the fuel when the engine is off tick-over. At tick-over the slow-running jet inside the carb handles just enough to keep it running slowly.

Hope that helps.

vhgmcbuddy

Cheers boys i shall have a look and let you know

vhgmcbuddy

Do any of you have mick greens mobile i havnt spoke to him for a few years and have lost his number

vhgmcbuddy

?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.