Anzani 4 wheel conversions

Home Forums The Main Forum Area General talk and discussion Anzani 4 wheel conversions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    chap
    Participant

Pictured at Banbury ploughing match yesterday another 1st 3 anzani conversions in action, Barry Foresters Ranzani one of the first conversions to appear at ploughing a ploughing match in this area. Brian Renolds Bitsa con version includes ferguson 20 mud gaurds. and Alistair Hetts bitsa some parts resemble a Crawley 75. six tractors ploughing all ride-on with ts42 ploughs.

Attachments:
    moggyjim
    Participant

I think Anzani missed a trick not producing one themselves. BMB and Trusty had a go..

will-haggle
    Participant

Yes, and they had an advantage, they used a ready made Ford 8Y gearbox, I’m sure they could have used a Ford clutch on the 4 wheeler as well. Ford would probably have supplied steering components as well, they were very good at supplying components to other manufacturers.

franktonpaget
    Participant

Some years back I was talking to a old chap who worked for Anzani and I think was involved in organising the Anzani ploughing events, the subject of Anzani four wheel ride on machines came up as there were several appearing at events.
    He told me that although Anzani did not produce any themselves a company in the locality did produce a limited number of four wheel conversions and I wish I had written down the details of the company.
    They were not a financial success because like many of small tractors of that time were not cost effective against the secondhand fergusons becoming available on the market

charlie
    Keymaster

It may well have been George Holt you spoke to, a gentleman in his 80’s

will-haggle
    Participant

Now you come to mention it, at Chertsey last year George told Brian that his conversion was done the way British Anzani would have done the conversion. Picture shows one owned by Paul Chant, that one has two gearboxes…

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.