Allen scythe parts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    vhgmcbuddy

Afternoon, just acquired a model T scythe and have joined VHGMC to find out more about it (also have a Westwood S1100 mower which is now back up and running ready for the year). I’m trying to source parts for it and have found villiersservices.co.uk who have supplied some parts for me. Also came across villiersparts.co.uk I’ve emailed them with a parts inquiry but haven’t had any response (email and spam folders checked!). Does anyone know if they are still a going concern??
    Thanks

charlie
    Keymaster

Welcome. As far as I know Villiersparts are still going, they have items on a well known online auction site. Another good source of Villiers parts is Meetens (not cheap) I have also just found L & S Engineers not used them yet though.

wristpin
    Participant

My personal opinions – not recommendations .
    Villiers Parts , good quality stuff, may be a bit erratic on communication. Definitely still there just before Christmas.
    Villiers Services . Good and well organised but mainly for motor cycles . Useful where bike and industrial / Hort overlap.
    Meetens . Expensive, maybe? but unsurpassed for depth of stock and freely given knowledge. Will often help out with good serviceable used parts.
    L&S. Variable quality and descriptions. Maybe I’ve been unlucky.

vhgmcbuddy

Many thanks for useful information!

andyfrost
    Participant

I can only echo Wristpins words , Meetens are by far and away the best for anything Villiers , Paul Childs knowledge of Villiers is simply astounding.

Andy.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.